Church of St. John the Evangelist
The Brethren of the Common Life founded a convent here in Marburg in 1476, but only began the construction of the church of St. John the Evangelist around 1515.
After the Order of the Brethren was dissolved just a few short years after the establishment of the Reformation in Hesse, the church of St. John the Evangelist was converted into a lecture and debating hall of the Faculty of Theology of the university, founded in 1527.
The late-Gothic church of St. John the Evangelist has been home to a Catholic parish since 1827.
Tel.: +49 6421 913910