The ruins of the “youngest” of three buildings of Marburg’s medieval synagogue are now housed under a glass cube. The structure dates back to the early 14th century and is roughly 7 x 10 m in size. Sections of the entrance area and outlines of a ribbed volt can still be clearly seen. Documentary evidence shows that this building, known as a "Jewish school", was torn down in 1452.
The surviving volt keystone features floral imagery in a six-pointed Star of David design as decoration.